Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff in Leadership Role
This half day workshop aims to develop you Inclusive leadership skills and understand the concept of Unconscious Bias, your own biases and how these influence your behaviours and actions.
Our approach to developing inclusive cultures in the University of Strathclyde by understanding how bias impacts on:
- student and staff experiences
- how we make decisions
- the environments we create and operate in
We all have bias and this interactive workshops for leaders brings the topic of bias to life helping leaders to acknowledge some of the assumptions they make, why they make them and the impact of their decision making on promotion, recruitment and sponsorship.
This workshop will be high impact and interactive, designed to facilitate thought and action. This session aim to provide delegates with a positive experience which equips them to implement and reinforce what they have learnt throughout the session.
By the end of the session you will have covered:
- The complexities that make up who you are and why you make the decisions you do
- The traits and high performance behaviours of an Inclusive Leader
- Tools and techniques on how to leverage diversity of style and thought to create a culture of inclusion
- Explore ways they can optimise your decision making processes to be more inclusive
- Review ways to challenge exclusive environments and tackle your own responses to exclusive and non-inclusive behaviour
- Identify how you act as a role model for inclusion and champion difference
- How your biases and decisions play out in the way you include or exclude others and how tyour management is impacting wellbeing and performance
- Tools to help them to develop your objectivity and reduce your subjective behaviour
Delivered By: EDIT Development Ltd