Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic/Research/KE Staff, all levels
This workshop will support those seeking to build productive knowledge exchange relationships with industry partners. It will lead participants from the first steps of identifying potential partners and increasing the chance of a success in a first meeting, to potential ways of following up and strengthening the relationship.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have explored where they could meet potential partners
- Understand the importance of building a network and have tools to do this
- Have techniques that will increase their confidence at a networking event
- Have tools to prepare them to be successful at networking events
- Be able to identify possible partnership opportunities and benefits
- Be aware of how to follow up a first meeting to build a productive relationship
- Have considered how potential future projects could be funded
Delivered By: Stuart Laidlaw, AFRC