Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic Staff, Research Staff and those interested in pursuing a career in research
This is the online version of the core SPARK class, Building a Successful Research Career and can be taken as an alternative to the face-to-face class. The format of this class mirrors that of the face-to-face class whilst offering you the flexibility to study around your commitments.
Building a Successful Research Career is designed for existing research and academic staff and those aspiring to this career, particularly those in the early part of their career. This class provides a structured but flexible framework for researchers to consider what is needed to succeed in this career path and put a plan in place to achieve this.
The objectives of the class are:
- To enable participants to identify their career development needs as researchers and to plan and begin to implement activities to meet those needs.
- Identify and critically evaluate resources available for Researcher Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the key characteristics of research policy within the UK
- Use nationally recognised frameworks to identify their own professional development needs
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of the research landscape and their own attributes to plan and conduct a programme of professional development activities
Delivered By: Emma Compton-Daw