Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic / Research Staff at all levels
This session provides an overview of funding opportunities available through the European Commission's Horizon 2020 Programme for Research & Innovation. Horizon 2020 is a EUR 70 billion funding programme starting in 2014, and running until 2020.
The session will be useful to colleagues who are familiar with Framework Programme funding, but who are looking for a quick update on the new structure of Horizon 2020, as well as those colleagues new to European Commission funding.
These sessions provide an introductory overview of each of the schemes within Horizon 2020, including details of what can be funded, the deadlines and application process, and information on next steps.
The session will provide an overview of the full range of opportunities available, including:
- The prestigious individual research grants offered through the European Research Council
- Marie Curie PhD training networks and industrial doctorates
- Marie Curie individual fellowships
- Paradigm-shifting innovation funded through the Future Emerging Technologies (FET) strand
- Collaborative projects on Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) such as micro & nanoelectronics, photonics, biotechnology, nanotechnologies, advanced materials and advanced manufacturing and processes
- Interdisciplinary research projects on the seven societal challenges of health, bioeconomy, energy, climate change, transport, innovative societies, and security.
Delivered By: Fiona McKenna, RKES
Post Event Work: Colleagues will have gained an understanding of the full range of opportunities available within Horizon 2020, which will help them to identify and prioritise target schemes. More detailed information on the particular scheme of interest can then be obtained through further SPIRAL events (such the Collaborative PhD challenge, the Future Emerging Technologies challenge, etc), RDP events (such as the Winter Fellowships Challenge, or Building International Consortia) or through individual follow-up with the international business team within RKES.