Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those who have a grant or are planning to apply
This practical workshop will give an overview of the key aspects of effective planning and management of grant bids both for pre and post award.
You will gain an understanding of:
- The different costing/approval processes for externally funded Research and KE activity
- The eligible costs for different grant-funding bodies to maximise the resources to be included in research proposals
- Some of the factors to consider when pricing contract Research or KE
- How the finance system sets the budgets of your research award
- The differences of Research and KE budgeting
- Effectively managing and monitoring budgets/awards including expenditure
- Role's and responsibilities of Research Leaders/PIâ€™s
- How the finance system can be used to help review and control budgets
Delivered By: Sandy Hall, Finance and Susan Anderson, RKES
We want our events to run at full capacity to ensure value for money and to get the most from group interactions and discussions. Cancelling attendance at a course should only be done as a last resort (some of our events are delivered by consultants and we would incur a high fee if we need to cancel events based on low numbers). Demand is high for our events with many having a waiting list and when a booking is made, others are turned away on the strength of that booking. If you have to cancel an event we would appreciate as much notice as possible (at least 48 hours), and this can be done via the "go to my bookings" link on the right.