Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those who have a grant or are planning to apply
This practical workshop will give an overview of the key aspects of effective planning and management of grant bids both for pre and post award.
You will gain an understanding of:
- The different costing/approval processes for externally funded Research and KE activity
- The eligible costs for different grant-funding bodies to maximise the resources to be included in research proposals
- Some of the factors to consider when pricing contract Research or KE
- How the finance system sets the budgets of your research award
- The differences of Research and KE budgeting
- Effectively managing and monitoring budgets/awards including expenditure
- Role's and responsibilities of Research Leaders/PIâ€™s
- How the finance system can be used to help review and control budgets
Delivered By: Sandy Hall, Finance and Susan Anderson, RKES
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.