Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
The Viva is intended as positive opportunity to present your research and your abilities as a researcher; it doesn’t have to be a nerve-racking experience.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
• Clarified the purpose and roles of those involved in the Viva
• Looked at your view of the process and how that helps and hinders
• Explored a constructive mindset for approaching the viva process
• Devised a preparation plan
• Practiced answering some viva-style questions in a safe environment
• Asked and discussed questions about the viva and the possible outcomes
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald, Skyward
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.