Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will learn exactly what a typical Viva would be like and what they can do to prepare for it. The Viva is the final piece of your PhD journey and yet many people are unaware of what to expect and how to prepare effectively for it.
This workshop is part of the Communicating with Confidence series.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand what is expected at the Viva
- Understand what the examiners roles are and what they are looking to assess during the Viva process
- Understand what the potential different outcomes mean in reality for the student
- Know how to prepare effectively for the Viva
- Have strategies for delivery effective answers to questions
- Have strategies to manage their confidence and nerves during the Viva.
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald, Skyward
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.