Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
What do you need to get on with: thesis, papers, grant proposals, posters, job applications? From writer's block to fear of feedback and perfectionism, there are many ways we trip up the writing process.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
• Shared good practice on writing and working with the literature
• Given and sought feedback on written work and published articles
• Reflected on plagiarism and ways to avoid it
• Reviewed your current approach to writing and considered helpful writing habits
• Developed a personalised set of actions that will support your writing
• Applied all these to real writing situations: from thesis to papers and more
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below:
Useful LinksTo find out more about the Researcher Development Programme, please visit:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.