Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff and Post-Graduates
This course is aimed at academic and technical staff responsible for designing, modifying, purchasing and managing work equipment/machinery. It seeks to provide sufficient knowledge and skills to enable attendees to:
- Appreciate the requirements of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) and the Supply of Machinery Regulations
- Appreciate and use relevant British and International Standards
- Carry out practical risk assessments on work equipment/machinery
- Apply the requirements of PUWER to various categories of existing work equipment/machinery
- Apply the requirements of PUWER to new, in-house built or modified work equipment/machinery
Delivered By: Geoff Hornby from Industrial Safety Advisory Centre
We want our training sessions to run at full capacity to ensure value for money and to get the most from group interactions and discussions. Cancelling attendance at a course should only be done as a last resort (some of our sessions are delivered by external training providers and we would incur a high fee if we need to cancel sessions based on low numbers). Demand is high for our training sessions with many having a waiting list and when a booking is made, others are turned away on the strength of that booking. If you have to cancel a training session we would appreciate as much notice as possible (at least 48 hours), and this can be done via the "Go To My Bookings" link.
Related MaterialsMaterials will be provided on the day.
There will be the opportunity to demonstrate understanding through a 20 minute written exercise. Attendees who achieve a satisfactory level of performance will receive a certificate.
Should you have any problems with access to the course or any questions, please email email@example.com