Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
This workshop gives you proven tools to understand and work through nerves and anxiety, and to develop confidence.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
• Understood their personal experience of nerves and confidence
• Characterised patterns of cognition and behaviour that help, or undermine, confidence
• Practiced with a range of tools that help people to work through anxiety and develop confidence
• A range of options for developing confidence through time, after the workshop
• Worked on these areas in a confidential, highly interactive, workshop, with their fellow researchers
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald, Skyward
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.