Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
This module combines theoretical perspectives on academic writing with practical activities that should increase the participants' own writing output. There is a strong emphasis on contextualising writing in participants' academic disciplines, while recognising current trends towards interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary requirements for writing. Participants will be encouraged to choose a focus for this module: either their own academic writing or their use of writing activities in teaching at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- The main aim is provide a forum for participants to analyse and discuss writing in their own and other disciplines - and to write.
- As well as comprising a taught module, the sessions are designed to foster a Writer's Group
- Participants may have a range of personal aims:
- for example, writing a journal article or grant proposal, or creating a curriculum intervention to support student writing.
- Issues of equality and inclusion with respect to both staff and student writing will be highlighted during the module.
The class will break for lunch from 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Delivered By: Stuart Boon