Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
This is a series - please click on the "show series" button under course dates to toggle all dates and book series.
This module combines theoretical perspectives on academic writing with practical activities that should increase the participants' own writing output. There is a strong emphasis on contextualising writing in participants' academic disciplines, while recognising current trends towards interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary requirements for writing. Participants will be encouraged to choose a focus for this module: either their own academic writing or their use of writing activities in teaching at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- The main aim is provide a forum for participants to analyse and discuss writing in their own and other disciplines - and to write.
- As well as comprising a taught module, the sessions are designed to foster a Writer's Group
- Participants may have a range of personal aims:
- for example, writing a journal article or grant proposal, or creating a curriculum intervention to support student writing.
- Issues of equality and inclusion with respect to both staff and student writing will be highlighted during the module.
Delivered By: Stuart Boon