Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
This is a series - please click on the "show series" button under course dates to toggle all dates and book series.
This module involves the evaluation of current course designs and the creation and development of new course designs which promote improved teaching, learning and assessment. The module will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to engage in course (re)design, exploring the pedagogical theories behind, and practical construction of, enhanced student learning experiences.
It will draw attention to the role of technology enhanced learning in course design and will focus on students needs and characteristics, particularly in the context of the first year.
- To provide participants with the necessary pedagogical theory and practice to enhance student learning through effective course (re)design.
- Critically evaluate existing course designs for their effectiveness in delivering content and providing a positive learning experience for students.
- Explore both practical and theoretical opportunities and challenges inherent in teaching, learning and assessment within the disciplines.
- Identify areas of teaching, learning and assessment that would benefit from enhanced designs
- Design course structures that effectively meet the needs of learners.
- Critically evaluate the developed courses for their effectiveness and suitability in meeting the designated outcomes.
- Reflect on both the development of their educational design and pedagogies which inform the design
Delivered By: Katy Savage