Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will learn strategies to overcome some of the challenges that researchers face during the final writing and submission stages of their projects.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Gained insight with regard to their current approaches to managing a research project
- Identified some potential factors which may prevent a timely submission
- Understand the relevance of SMART(ER), Gantt and other project management tools
- A clearer understanding of the submission and viva process
- Formulated a thesis completion plan.
Delivered By: Jamie McDonald, Skyward
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksTo find out more about the Researcher Development Programme, please visit:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.