Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: This training course is for all staff and post graduate students who work with dangerous substances or explosive atmospheres
A dangerous substance is any natural or artificial substance which is explosive, oxidising, extremely flammable, highly flammable or flammable, including:
- gases under pressure (gas in a cylinder),
- substances that can corrode metals which could cause structural damage reducing the integrity of structures (if not suitably contained),
- powder / dust (solid particles or fibrous materials)
- and equipment that might leak or generate a dangerous substance.
An explosive atmosphere means a mixture, under atmospheric conditions, of air and one or more dangerous substance.
The course will explain potential DSEAR control measures, such as:
- Information, instruction and training
- Engineering and Design;
- Workplace Process and Management Systems (where appropriate to the nature of the activity or operation);
- Zoning and Control of Explosive atmospheres;
- Emergency procedures;
- Waste Disposal.
Delivered By: Risktec