Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff
Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists (DPDLs) allow staff to create, maintain and use email addresses which target groups of staff, PGs and UGs.
Permission to use DPDLs is strictly controlled and access to the system is only granted where there is demonstrable need to use DPDLs.
If you have a need to use DPDLs please log a call to the Helpdesk as a first step.
Skills covered include:
- Creating DPDLs
- Setting up selection criteria
- Maintaining DPDLs
- Nominating DPDL users (i.e. colleagues)
Delivered By: IT Training
PrerequisitesThis course assumes that you have beginner level IT skills, i.e. that you can use a mouse and keyboard and that you are confident with basic formatting, e.g. changing font, cutting and pasting, and saving files.
How to gain access to Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists
The procedure for gaining access to Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists is as follow:
An access request should be raised with Information Services Enquiries (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the target audience for the DPDL
- The access request is forwarded to the Communications Office
- If the request is authorised it is forwarded by the Communications Office to Information Services
- The Programme Management Office (IT Training) will contact you to arrange training
- Your access to DPDLs will granted on the day of your training.