Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff and Postgraduate Students who receive payment for their research
Please read the intructions under the 'Further Information' tab.
Interactive learning session followed by a short quiz to test understanding of the course. Once you have passed the quiz, you can complete the self-assessment of your workstation to identify any issues you may have, which if you are unable to resolve yourself, can be raised with your Departmental Safety Convener. Once you have submitted your DSE self-assessment, you will be able to print off a Certificate to confirm you have completed the course. Your DSC will be informed by email when you have completed this module. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by a Display Screen Equipment Workstation
- Outline what is meant by ergonomics in relation to computer workstations
- Outline the health effects from poor workstation set-up and computer use
- Describe how to set up and arrange a computer workstation correctly for maximum comfort
- Outline the specific features of safe working with laptops
Delivered By: Safety, Health and Wellbeing
Related MaterialsUseful material relevant to this course.
- Local Rule: Safe Use of Display Screen Equipment
- User Guide for On-Line Display Screen Equipment Module
Useful LinksFurther information on eye and eyesight testing is given in Section 4.3 of the above Local Rule: Safe Use of Display Screen Equipment
Once registered you will be sent an email from the External Provider giving you a link to the course. If you have not received an email within two weeks of registering, please contact Safety, Health and Wellbeing by email to email@example.com
Please note that the link to the course will be sent in a separate email from the booking confirmation email.