Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
On this highly interactive and fun course participants will gain the knowledge and skills to present their research projects creatively and authentially and with impact to a variety of audiences both academic and non-academic.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Developed the creative confidence to prepare dynamic and effective presentations
- Learned about the importance of design, timing and storyboarding in preparing creative professional presentations
- Learned about slide, realia and software design and use to enhance the presentation
- Discovered how to build on their creative and communicative strengths
- Learned how to deal with nerves and negative emotions.
Delivered By: Iain Davidson
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.