Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
A second stage highly interactive and enjoyable course where participants will gain the knowledge and skills to present their research projects with advanced techniques to demanding audiences and large scale events such as conferences.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Developed the creative confidence to prepare dynamic and effective presentations to tough audiences
- Learned further skills of design, timing and storyboarding in preparing creative professional presentations
- Learned more techniques from different disciplines and professions such as theatre and sport coaching
- Discovered how to build on their creative, technical and communicative presentation strengths
- Learned how to deal with nerves and negative emotions associated with large scale events and crucial career presentation moments
- Looked in more detail at technical presentation software and creative techniques.
Delivered By: Iain Davidson, Seethingstone Education
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.