Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Research staff planning an academic career
Aimed at Research Staff planning an academic career, this is an interactive day of sharing practice and exploring both the big picture and the detail of academic job applications, focussing on your first lectureship.
The workshop is an opportunity for you to:
- reflect on what you want from an academic role, as well as what you offer a potential employer
- learn how best to market yourself
- gain some practical tips and experience to help you to effectively plan and refine your applications
- become more focussed and prepared for the recruitment process.
Specifically we will cover:
- The policy context of academic posts and recruitment: politics, culture and international perspectives
- The variety of academic posts offered
- What recruiters want from you
- Application forms and Academic CVs: do’s and don’t’s
- What to expect at interview
- Getting yourself ready and employable
Delivered By: Tracey Stead
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.