Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Research staff planning an academic career
Aimed at Research Staff planning an academic career, this is an interactive day of sharing practice and exploring both the big picture and the detail of academic job applications, focussing on your first lectureship.
The workshop is an opportunity for you to:
- reflect on what you want from an academic role, as well as what you offer a potential employer
- learn how best to market yourself
- gain some practical tips and experience to help you to effectively plan and refine your applications
- become more focussed and prepared for the recruitment process.
Specifically we will cover:
- The policy context of academic posts and recruitment: politics, culture and international perspectives
- The variety of academic posts offered
- What recruiters want from you
- Application forms and Academic CVs: do’s and don’t’s
- What to expect at interview
- Getting yourself ready and employable
Delivered By: Tracey Stead, My Consultants Ltd.