Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For those new to public engagement
Has public engagement (PE) piqued your interest but you don’t know where to start? Do you want to understand why PE is important and how it might inform your research? Come along to this whistle stop tour of PE and find out more!
Attendees will leave the workshop with:
- A deeper understanding of the history of PE in the UK
- Knowledge of the differences between dissemination and dialogue
- A better understanding of audiences who might have a stake in their research and how to engage with them
- A toolkit to guide their choice of PE delivery methods
- Suggestions on how to evaluate and track the impact of their activities on their target audience
Delivered By: Dr Kirsty Ross, Outreach Officer EPSRC/MRC OPTIMA CDT & Technology & Innovation Centre