Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For academic staff with supervision responsibilities
This workshop aims to support supervisors of doctoral students to understand their role in the student’s professional and career development. Participants will also learn about Strathclyde’s unique approach to this through the PGCert Researcher Professional Development and a supervisor’s role in this. The workshop will provide supervisors with information to effectively support their student’s development and there will be an opportunity to discuss any questions participants have in this area.
By the end of this wokrshop participants will:
- Have considered the role of the supervisor in a doctoral student’s professional development
- Be aware of funding bodies expectations around doctoral student’s professional development
- Have explored common questions supervisors have around supporting their doctoral student’s development
- Understand Strathclyde’s approach to doctoral student’s development
- Understand the processes surrounding the PG Cert in Researcher Professional Development and the supervisor’s role in this
Delivered By: Organisational and Staff Development Unit / Researcher Development Programme