Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For Research Assistants, Research Associates and Research Fellows
This two hour workshop will provide support for research staff who provide, or will be providing, day-to-day, informal supervision to undergraduate, masters and doctoral students. During the workshop participants will have the opportunity to develop skills for managing these relationships to benefit both student and researcher. They will also consider Strathclyde’s Supervision Policy and Processes.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand the role research staff play in supervision of undergraduate, masters and doctoral students
- Have techniques to make informal supervision work for themselves and the student
- Have considered the impact of supervisory roles on their own work and career
- Have heard first-hand experiences of those who have undertaken informal supervisory roles
- Be aware of Strathclyde’s Supervision Policies and Processes
Delivered By: Emma Compton-Daw, Organisational and Staff Development Unit