Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For Research Assistants, Research Associates and Research Fellows
This two hour workshop will provide support for research staff who provide, or will be providing, day-to-day, informal supervision to undergraduate, masters and doctoral students. During the workshop participants will have the opportunity to develop skills for managing these relationships to benefit both student and researcher. They will also consider Strathclyde’s Supervision Policy and Processes.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand the role research staff play in supervision of undergraduate, masters and doctoral students
- Have techniques to make informal supervision work for themselves and the student
- Have considered the impact of supervisory roles on their own work and career
- Have heard first-hand experiences of those who have undertaken informal supervisory roles
- Be aware of Strathclyde’s Supervision Policies and Processes
Delivered By: Emma Compton-Daw, Organisational and Staff Development Unit
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.