Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic/Research Staff, all levels
- Why it's hard to get started
- How we deliberately use distractions to slow down writing
- The principles of quick starting
- How to deal with destructive internal beliefs
- How to set a writing plan and stick to it
- How to set achievable goals by writing in a silo
- How to greatly increase the number of actual words you produce
- How to clarify your thinking, and improve the quality of your work
** This is an optional module of the Strathclyde Supervisor Development Programme (see link to webpage below) **
Delivered By: Hugh Kearns, ThinkWell
PrerequisitesIf you are taking this course as part of the Strathclyde Supervisor Development Programme to become a First or Second Supervisor, you must enrol on this MyPlace class to register for the programme and to track your progress:
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.