Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
This is a series - please click on the "show series" button under course dates to toggle all dates and book series.
Building a Successful Research Career is run by OSDU (the Organisational & Staff Development Unit). It is designed for existing and aspiring research staff, particularly those in the early part of their career. This module provides an opportunity for research staff to fulfil these aspirations. It provides a structured but flexible framework for researchers Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- The module also features innovative video and live presentation based work to enhance interpersonal skills
- To enable participants to identify their career development needs as Researchers and to plan and begin to implement activities to meet those needs.
- Identify and critically evaluate resources available for Researcher Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the key characteristics of research policy within the UK
- Use nationally recognised frameworks to identify their own professional development needs
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of the research landscape and their own attributes to plan and conduct a programme of professional development activities
- Take responsibility for the planning and execution of project activities
- Engage with other participants in interdisciplinary project work and evaluation
- Communicate the outcomes of their work using an appropriate range of media
- Demonstrate critical reflection and the ability to evaluate their own work and the work of others
Delivered By: Emma Compton-Daw
PrerequisitesAn online application must be submitted prior to starting this class to be fully registered. Open to all Academics or related staff within the University of Strathclyde. Applicants must hold qualification at Degree level or have experience deemed by course director to be equivalent. A minimum of 5 sessions must be attended. Please check all session dates before booking.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.