Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
Building a Successful Research Career is run by OSDU (the Organisational & Staff Development Unit). It is designed for existing and aspiring research staff, particularly those in the early part of their career. This module provides an opportunity for research staff to fulfil these aspirations. It provides a structured but flexible framework for researchers Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- The module also features innovative video and live presentation based work to enhance interpersonal skills
- To enable participants to identify their career development needs as Researchers and to plan and begin to implement activities to meet those needs.
- Identify and critically evaluate resources available for Researcher Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the key characteristics of research policy within the UK
- Use nationally recognised frameworks to identify their own professional development needs
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of the research landscape and their own attributes to plan and conduct a programme of professional development activities
- Take responsibility for the planning and execution of project activities
- Engage with other participants in interdisciplinary project work and evaluation
- Communicate the outcomes of their work using an appropriate range of media
- Demonstrate critical reflection and the ability to evaluate their own work and the work of others
Delivered By: Emma Compton-Daw