Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
This course will help you to understand how to prepare your data for deposit in ways which make it Finadable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reproduceable/Reusable.
By the end of the session participants will:
- have gained practical information on preparing data for deposit and preservation
- understand why and for whom documentation of research data is important
- know how to get a DOI and why you should
- know why and how to put a data statement into your publications
- guidance on uploading data to PURE including the application of appropriate metadata
Delivered By: Researcher Development Programme
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.