Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Technicians
The aim of this full day course for technicians is to explore various models and approaches to customer service and build the skills essential in delivering an excellent student centred technical service.
The outcomes for the day are:
- understand and be able to communicate the importance of student centred customer service in the Higher Education context
- recognise and build effective partnerships in student centred customer technical service
- explore a customer service excellence model
- identify professionalism and attitude as the key behaviours in creating the student-centred culture
- enhance the skills essential in customer service
- questioning and listening
- managing expectations
- difficult conversations
- share good student services practices
Delivered By: STEM Learning Ltd
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.