Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff members involved in delivering presentations and public speaking
This full day workshop is structured around the iconic TED Talks, the gold standard for public speaking.
This one-day workshop focuses on analysing performance techniques and developing presenting skills, for any face-to-face communication, whether you are presenting to a large group, a team meeting or just a one-on-one conversation. It is a challenging yet rewarding day which participants say is hugely enjoyable!
This workshop will help you:
- Understand what an audience needs from you
- Engage and inspire a team to perform
- Understand your personal style and how to utilise it
- Show passion in your delivery as well as clear insight to your subject
- Combat nerves, speak up and get your ideas heard
- Learn how to express yourself by standing out and impressing your audience
- Analyse the difference between communication that sticks, and information that gets forgotten
- Deliver a persuasive and memorable TED style presentation from a clear nine-step method
Delivered By: Maximum Performance
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.