Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff
The University currently has five electric vehicles parked at four of its sites. Two of which are based on the John Anderson Campus (bookable by all staff), one at AFRC, one at PNDC and one in Estates.
This workshop consists of a short classroom session followed by an electric vehicle test-drive. The aim of the course is to help staff familiarise themselves with electric vehicles and associated technology before using them more regularly, as well as finding out about the staff EV car club guidelines.
Topics will include:
- What is an electric vehicle?
- Online booking platform
- Charging infrastructure and apps
- Vehicle tour and test-drive
Please ensure you are on time as the sessions will start promptly and we won't be able to admit late comers.
Delivered By: Sustainable Strathclyde
PrerequisitesThere is a confidential licence check you will need to complete in order to sign up to the online booking platform: You do not need to do this for the training session
- DVLA check code - you will need this when signing up online after the course
- Valid driving licence - please bring to session
Useful LinksUseful information to view before attending:
- General Information on EVs
- Co-Wheels Online booking platform - an invite to Strathclyde account will be sent to you after the session
- Scottish Charging Network
- University's Motor insurance
*Licence check for non-UK licence holders including Northern Irish licences, Co-wheels have instructed to following:
“For a foreign licence check, this will need to be sent into our head office along with a proof of UK address that is dated within the last 3 months. The licence can be certified at the post office by asking for a certified licence check. This would be accepted for the licence check and must be sent to Co-wheels by post. Proof of address can be sent via email. Once all of the above has been received we can then send out the welcome pack with smart card.”