Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
· Developed an understanding of how to market oneself in the job market including creating an elevator pitch
· Developed an understanding of different approaches to job search and networking
· Developed an understanding of how to use social media to search and get a job including LinkedIn
· Developed an understanding of different types of interviews and selection processes including video interviews and assessment centres
· Learnt what employers are looking for in interviews and selection processes
· Gained skills and techniques in how to answer behavioural questions
· Gained confidence in interviews through practicing mock interviews
· Gained practical help, resources and action plans
Delivered By: Diana Dawson, Working Career www.workingcareer.co.uk
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.