Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff and Students
For those staff and relevant students who are involved in the handling, storage and use of compressed gases.
Participants should understand the health and safety hazards and risks associated with compressed cylinder gases, along with the relevant control measures and safe working practices required to create them. At the end of the interactive workshop participants will be able to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders
- Understand how cylinders operate
- Be aware of the hazards of asphyxia
- Recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- Identify flammability hazards
- Select the correct gas control equipment
- Identify the key stages in using cylinders safely
- Recognise the hazards associated with handling cylinders
- Re-assess current storage facilities in line with safe working practices
- Become pro-active in assessing risk when using gas cylinders
Delivered By: External Provider