Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: This e-learning workshop is for staff and students who use gas cylinders and associated equipment.
The training contains information on:
- Oxidants and inert gases;
- Fuel gases;
- Gas cylinders and valves;
- Using gas cylinders safely;
- Gas regulators;
- Safe handling of gas cylinders;
- Safe storage of gas cylinders;
- The correct set-up of a gas cylinder system.
The training also contains an optional module on fixed gas supply piped systems and manifolds.
Delivered By: gassafetytraining.com
PrerequisitesOnce registered you will be emailed a link to access the course within two weeks. Please note this email will come separate from the 'Booking Confirmation' email. If you have not received the link within two weeks then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of this online training workshop learners will be able to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders;
- Understand how cylinders operate;
- Be aware of the hazards of asphyxia;
- Recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment;
- Identify flammability hazards;
- Select the correct gas control equipment;
- Identify the key stages in using cylinders safely;
- Recognise the hazards associated with handling cylinders;
- Re-assess current storage facilities in line with safe working practices;
- Become proactive in assessing risk when using gas cylinders;
- Introduce safe working practices into their working environment.