Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Whatever an individual’s professional knowledge and expertise, communicating this knowledge and expertise demands confident self-presentation skills. Without effective communication skills, key elements of a message may be lost in transit.
This course will provide a range of proven techniques to help participants improve their confidence and presence when communicating in a variety of settings. Participants will learn how to increase their personal impact, their assertiveness and they will understand how to develop and deliver strong, clear and convincing messages.
- 1. Learned approaches to increase self-confidence when communicating in a range of professional settings.
- 2. Learned and practiced mental and physiological techniques to reduce nerves and anxiety about communication
- 3. Understood how to manage interpersonal dynamics in order to increase their personal power in communication.
- 4. Gained self-awareness of the impression they make on others, and how to improve this.
- 5. Explored and practiced how to present themselves confidently to others through enhanced body language and vocal tone
- 6. Understood how to deliver a clear and strong message, even in theface of resistance, through the use of assertive communication techniques.
Delivered By: Fistral
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.