Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Intended for people who have little or no experience of Chairing meetings and who expect to have to chair a meeting within the next 6 months.
By the end of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Clarify what the chairperson does before, during and after a meeting.
- Know how to use a simple planning technique.
- Be aware of the Six Thinking Hats and their impact on a meeting.
- Be aware of the key interpersonal skills an effective chairperson needs.
- Know the most effective questions to use when chairing a meeting.
- Know how to facilitate when situations become difficult.
- Leave with a personal action plan for immediate implementation.
Delivered By: Tony Bray
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.