Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: All Staff
The live Complaints Handling workshops are no longer running and have been replaced with an online MyPlace course.
The University is required to implement a Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) based on a model published by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. Under the CHP all staff should be able to respond to a complaint made to them. Sections 1-4 focus on the University’s CHP and the role of staff in handling complaints at frontline and includes details of the CHP, handling of frontline complaints and the mechanism for recording complaints.
Course Outcomes/ Objectives;
- To understand when the CHP applies
- To understand how the CHP is constructed and the various stages
- To be aware of the requirements and timescales of the CHP
- To be able to respond effectively to frontline complaints
- To know the recording requirements of complaints and be able to record a frontline complaint
- To know what to do with a complaint that is outside the CHP
Self-directed online – Sections 1-4: https://classes.myplace.strath.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=26168
Delivered By: Jane Meredith, Corporate Governance Officer