Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: For academics / researchers managing projects
This workshop will look at the tools and techniques used in managing research projects which will build processes and structures that support project delivery. You should be prepared to discuss one of the projects you are currently working on as we will be using participant based projects for some of the practical work.
Completion of the workshop and a post workshop assessment will enable you to obtain a CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management (Unit: Managing Projects to Achieve Results). £200 fee to be paid by participant to My Consultants Ltd.
The £200 fee covers the external costs associated with the assessments and administration relating to the award – this is entirely optional and not a requirement for attending the course in anyway. Any member of staff is able to attend the course as usual, only those who wish to gain the award need to pay the £200 fee. Further details will be delivered during the workshop.
During the workshop we will:
- Explore different project management approaches and methodologies (APM / AGILE / PRINCEII), tools and techniques and how these can be applied when managing research projects
- Examine how to effectively define the scope of a project including the delivery of outputs, impact and knowledge exchange
- Discuss how to engage, manage expectations of stakeholders of the research project.
- How to tailor project management plans to fit with research funders expectations
- Utilise key planning, risk management and monitoring tools to effectively develop plans for the management of the delivery of research projects
- Develop approaches to effectively monitor and manage collaborative research projects
- Discuss approaches to resolving challenges in the delivery of research projects
- Identify your own challenges in managing research projects and identify ways to overcome those
2nd December - Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 0069 1975
14th December - Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 819 2982 7543
Please note, passwords will be sent via your automated booking confirmation email when you book your place, so please check your mailboxes.
Delivered By: Robin Henderson, My Consultants Ltd.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.