Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will learn why research grant applications require a different style of writing from papers and theses. They will learn a formula for a good grant application and a recipe for producing that formula.
By the end of the workshop participants will learn:
- How Fellowship Applications Differ from Grant Applications
- How research grants are awarded
- How funding decisions dictate the content of a research grant application
- How funding decisions dictate the structure and style of a research grant application.
- a universal formula for a successful research-grant application
- how to practise writing key sentences for a research grant application
Delivered By: Dr Andrew Derrington, Parker Derrington Ltd
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.