Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: University Staff involved in learning and teaching
Full Course Title: Positively influencing the NSS: Building a community of learners in Strathclyde Psychology
This session will outline some of the initiatives put in place by Strathclyde Psychology in support of building communities of learners. Strathclyde Psychology regularly scores highly in NSS scores for overall satisfaction and this year saw a 10% increase in ‘Learning Community’ scores.
Initiatives discussed will include,
- Development and implementation of the #TeamStrathclydePsychology concept.
- Developing an active and vibrant social media presence.
- Supporting the Student Society.
- Re-launching departmental seminars/ERASMUS presentations.
- Creating a consistent visual identity for the subject/Engaging Myplace pages.
- The Academic Citizenship Award initiative.
- A more effective approach to the Student-Staff Liason Committee.
- Subject specific clothing/hoodies.
- Graduation ball/#Brain ball
Following attendance at this session, participants will be able to,
· Discuss Strathclyde Psychology initiatives to build and develop communities of learners, including opportunities to benefit from lessons learned.
Apply learning from Strathclyde Psychology initiatives to propose strategies for developing communities of learners in their own area.
Delivered By: Dr. David J. Robertson, Lecturer In Psychology, School of Psychological Sciences and Health
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.