Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Heads of Departments / Services / Schools and Directors of Professional Services
The aim is to provide HoDs etc. with information on:
- Legal responsibility for health and safety
- The HoD’s role in the context of the University
- The occupational health and safety management system
- Departmental responsibilities
- Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Risk management process
- SHaW corporate advisory process
- Risk and Resilience Management and Emergency Plans
- Vision 2025
- The law and your duties relating to health and safety
- The role of senior management
- Health and safety and fire safety management
- How do we manage health and safety risks
- Risk and resilience
- Issues for 2021
HODs etc. will be better placed in their understanding of their responsibilities in terms of health and safety, fire safety and risk, and resilience within the University setting.
Delivered By: Safety, Health and Wellbeing
PrerequisitesPrior to undertaking the training courses, Heads of Department are required to • Familiarise themselves with the OHS Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities Standard.
Refresher training of this training course should be undertaken on a three-yearly basis.