Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
By the end of the workshop you will have:
• Considered their own style of academic writing
• Examined the relationship between writer and reader
• Understood the benefits of reading as a writer
• Learned how techniques used in non-academic writing can be adopted in academic writing, especially useful when communicating abstract concepts
• Outlined the relevance of narrative techniques to academic writing
• Considered paraphrasing as a matter of voice
Delivered By: Cherise Saywell
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.