Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
Participants will be introduced to the LaTeX package for scientific word-processing and type-setting.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Set up a basic LaTeX document
- Learned how to typeset scientific equations and mathematical results in LaTeX
- Learned how to produce tables and how to display figures
- Been introduced to some useful LaTeX packages for specific tasks such as preparing presentations
- Understood how LaTeX's automatic referencing and bibliographic features can be used for cross-referencing.
Delivered By: Alison Ramage, University of Strathclyde
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
Useful LinksFind out about the opportunities available to you as an early career researcher:
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your department or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.