Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Everyone at Strathclyde
Strathclyde Women's Week - 2nd - 6th March
Women into leadership for Strathclyde University
10 am Introductions and female leadership stats
1. Personal profiling and results
- Personal strengths and leadership style
- Capitalising on female strengths
- Visual explorer exercise
2. Power and Position
- Becoming comfortable with power
- PAC questionnaire
- Feedback and implications for handling power well as women
- Work life audit
- Delegation and managing performance
3. Increasing Confidence
· Origins of optimism questionnaire
· Three thinking styles
· Challenging your thinking
4. Handling Challenging Situations
Discussion and feedback
1. Influencing Skills
- The 6 principles of influencing
· Emotional intelligence
- Talking feelings
- The place of emotion at work
2. Handling challenging people
· Who are your challenging people?
· The 5 steps for dealing with challenging people
· Practise in pairs handling your challenging people
- Feedback and discussion
4 pm actions for change and close of course
Delivered By: Ros Taylor
Useful LinksSee other events offered in Strathclyde Women's Week 2020
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.