Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Teaching Staff
This 90 minute tutorial will introduce participants to the Zoom application, which has been integrated into MyPlace for the delivery of interactive online teaching activities. No prior knowledge of Zoom is required and the session will cover the basics of planning, creating and running a Zoom teaching activity, as well as how to get ongoing help and support.
The session covers:
- Creating a Zoom activity in MyPlace.
- Using basic Zoom functionality, including Video, Audio, Chat, Polls, Whiteboards and Breakout Rooms.
The session will also signpost the help and support available to University staff and students.
Participants will be able to:
- Schedule a Zoom teaching activity using MyPlace.
- Welcome students into the virtual classroom and assist with troubleshooting.
- Recognise the core tools and resources which are available in Zoom and which enable tutors to run successful teaching activities.
- Recognise the importance of forward planning to design interactive and engaging sessions.
- Identify the ongoing support provided by the University for staff planning to teach with Zoom.
Delivered By: Education Enhancement Team
PrerequisitesA computer with a good Internet connection and audio (and ideally webcam) enabled. If you have not used Zoom before, you will be asked to download the app before joining the session - this is a very quick and simple process.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.