Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Women in research staff roles planning their next career step
This is a series - please click on the "show series" button under course dates to toggle all dates and book series.
UNIque is an online career development programme for women research staff at UK universities considering their next career step.
The early career research stage is tough. Interesting, intellectually challenging, pushing back frontiers of knowledge, working with talented people from around the world - all fantastic things. But have you ever ...
- Wondered what on earth the next career step is going to be?
- Wondered if you can have a university career?
- Felt surrounded by researchers who are brighter and more together than you?
- Felt overwhelmed by the sheer volume of 'stuff' you are supposed to do as a researcher?
- Thought of leaving academia but have just spent so long getting to this point?
- Looked at those 'high ups' in your institution and wondered where the women are?
- Tried to explain to your parents that postdocs seldom get Nobel prizes? (just me then?)
Through a series of webinars with like-minded women and online materials, UNIque will provide you with the opprtunity to:
- Step back to understand your career options in and out of the university sector
- Explore what is important to you so decisions are based on your values
- Get clear no-nonsense advice to help you get that next position
- Learn tools to help you set goals and realise them
This course is delivered through webinars, online videos and activities with most of the work for this course can be done in your own time between webinars to allow maximum felixiblity in how you take part in this course.
Webinars will take place 2-3pm on:
1 May 2020
12 May 2020
21 May 2020
2 June 2020
10 June 2020
Participants do not need to attend all webinars although attendance is strongly encouraged.
Delivered By: Dr Emma Williams, EJW Solutions
PrerequisitesAny pre-work should be completed before the first session
Useful LinksPlease find further information here
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.