Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: PhD Students, Staff, Researchers and Library staff
The session will showcase Scopus in a live demonstration, providing tips and tricks on usage and how to use some of the more advanced functionalities which can be applied for literature review e.g. Some specific topics that will be covered include:
- Brief introduction to Scopus and its content;
- Find existing research: Advanced search tips to in-depth literature searches;
- Learn more about the field of research: Track research trends and make connections within or across disciplines;
- How to stay up to date in your field;
- How to view the citation trend for a set of documents, find all publications citing a specific document (or set of documents) and discover the overall impact of publications in a research area;
- Keep track of another author’s activity: Finding leaders in specific research areas and future collaborators /competitors on your topic;
- Author level metrics: H-index: Often requested as part of researcher profile information;
- Article level metrics / Alternative metrics;
- Quickly see the main journals, disciplines and authors that publish in your area of interest.
Delivered By: Michaela Kurschildgen, Training Specialist and Consultant from Elsevier