Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic & Research Staff
This module involves the evaluation of current course designs and the creation and development of new course designs which promote improved teaching, learning and assessment. The module will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to engage in course (re)design, exploring the pedagogical theories behind, and practical construction of, enhanced student learning experiences.
It will draw attention to the role of technology enhanced learning in course design and will focus on students needs and characteristics, particularly in the context of the first year.
- To provide participants with the necessary pedagogical theory and practice to enhance student learning through effective course (re)design.
- Critically evaluate existing course designs for their effectiveness in delivering content and providing a positive learning experience for students.
- Explore both practical and theoretical opportunities and challenges inherent in teaching, learning and assessment within the disciplines.
- Identify areas of teaching, learning and assessment that would benefit from enhanced designs
- Design course structures that effectively meet the needs of learners.
- Critically evaluate the developed courses for their effectiveness and suitability in meeting the designated outcomes.
- Reflect on both the development of their educational design and pedagogies which inform the design
Delivered By: Dr Katy Savage & Dr Sean Morrissey
PrerequisitesYou must submit an online application prior to attending this class to be fully registered . Open to all Academics or related staff within the University of Strathclyde. Applicants must hold qualification at Degree level or have experience deemed by course director to be equivalent. ALL sessions must be attended. Please check session dates before booking.
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.