Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: All Caring Staff & Students
This manual handling briefing session provides guidance for manual handling activities undertaken by carers e.g. moving and assisting of people.
The briefing aims to provide sufficient information to help carers reduce the risk of injury from moving and assisting activities, and will:
· Identify different types of manual handling / moving and assisting activities;
· Explain why correct manual handling principles are important;
· Describe how to apply the HSE guidelines for moving and assisting
· Describe how to safely lift and carry
· Describe how to avoid, assess and reduce the risks from moving and assisting activities
Delivered By: Safety Services