Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Postgraduate Research Students
This course is intended to be immediately applicable to planning and managing academic and research projects as well as commercial projects.
During this online course participants will:
• Learn the basics of the project planning process and receive a set of tools and techniques that can be used immediately on any project
• Appreciate the fundamental principles of a well-led and well directed project, such as identifying and scheduling tasks, activities, milestones and understanding and managing stakeholders
• Be aware of the critical factors that will influence project success
• Use practical exercises to reinforce and enhance the skills learned
• Create work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
Delivered By: Fistral Training and Consultancy Ltd.
PrerequisitesCancellation Policy If you are unable to attend a course please cancel your place as soon as possible, with at least 3 working days notice via the online booking system http://bookings.strath.ac.uk/mybookings.asp. Full details of booking conditions can be found at the link below.
PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development
All postgraduate research students are eligible to access the Researcher Development Programme workshops. This workshop can contribute towards the PG Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
You can find credit and class information in the Researcher Development Programme Handbook and in NEPTUNE (Engineering, HaSS) or SPIDER (Science).
Please check with your Department/School or Supervisor to confirm if you are enrolled on the PG Cert RPD and how many credits you are expected to achieve if you are unsure.