Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic / Fellows / Senior Postdocs
As your academic career progresses you will be expected to lead and manage research teams. Managing people and resources can be challenging, especially for staff who may be new to these responsibilities. This workshop explores the roles and responsibilities of those leading and managing teams of researchers and provides a foundation for utilising best practice approaches and techniques to achieve results the best results possible with your research team. During the workshop you will have an opportunity to:
- discuss with peers how to get the best from research teams
- clarify the role and key responsibilities of an effective research team leader
- have a greater insight into how to motivate your team members
- be clear on how to delegate effectively across the research team balancing autonomy and control
- have insights into how to prevent and manage conflict within a team.
By the end of the workshop participants will have;
- understanding of structured approaches to lead research teams more effectively.
- Have identified actionable changes to their leadership and management approach.
Please note, password will be sent via automated booking confirmation email, so please check your mailboxes
When applying for a course, you should note that there will be a £50* to your department if you cancel within 5** working days or you do not attend, and a £25 charge for cancellations/ non-attendance between 6 and 10 working days. There will be no charge for cancellation made 10 or more working days before the event. Notifications should be made to OSDU@strath.ac.uk
A department is welcome to send someone else in your place if they wish without incurring a charge, providing that person has the necessary pre-requisites for the course. In the case of courses split over more than one day, you must attend ALL parts of the course. If you fail to attend any part you will be charged as outlined above.
*This is the standard charge for cancellation or non-attendance of course of 1 days duration or less. For some courses there may be a higher cancellation charge and if this is the case you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
**Any bookings made within 10 days of the event will incur the charges as specified.
Delivered By: Dr Robin Henderson, MY Consultants Ltd