Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: All Staff, Early Career Researchers, Post-graduate Researchers, and anyone else interested in learning more about Intellectual Property
Intellectual Property is important when considering opportunities to create impact. Whether your goal is for cultural, social or economic impact, IP can support your outcomes, including: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, and Design Rights.
The webinar will help you:
- explore the different types of IP you could be creating as a researcher
- help you make informed decisions on use of any IP generated
- understand when and how to engage with the IP team at Strathclyde
- highlight the potential opportunities to maximise the impact of research
- recognise when and how others’ IP can and should be respected
As a researcher it is vital that you understand IP, are aware of its implications for your research, and can identify and manage the IP arising from your research. This webinar will also introduce you to specific support available within your institution and provide you with an opportunity for reflection, discussion, and ask questions.
The webinar will include the following elements:
- an introduction to IP, the IPO and why IP is important
- a discussion of the main IP Rights (copyright, patents, design and trademarks)
- an introduction to Strathclyde’s approach to IP and the role of the Intellectual Property team in supporting IP and Commercialisation
This webinar is led by Vitae, a global leader in supporting the professional development of researchers, in partnership with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).
- Exploring the different types of IP you could be creating as a researcher
- Helping you make informed decisions on use of any IP generated
- Understanding when and how to speak to an IP expert at your university
- Highlighting the potential opportunities to maximise the impact of research
- Recognising when and how others’ IP can and should be respected
Participants are required to complete the pre-event survey;
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Participants are welcome to join the meeting from 15 minutes before the official start time to check the link and chat to their colleagues before the webinar begins.
Delivered By: VITAE/IPO in conjunction with the OSDU and the Directorate of Innovation and Industry Engagement