Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Academic, Professional Services and Admin/Support staff, particularly those in a front-line role or directly involved in student misconduct cases.
This session provides guidance on managing reports of student misconduct cases at Stage 1.
The session will involve a presentation followed by group work using case studies to help staff better understand the challenges of situations where disciplinary procedures are required. Practical hints and tips will be explored to find the best solutions and the session will also highlight the relevant procedures and good practices that can be employed in a range of difficult situations.
The aims of the session are to:
- Outline expectations around staff roles and responsibilities
- Provide a tool kit of practical hints and tips on dealing with reports of student misconduct
- Provide case studies to promote a better understanding of the issues around dealing with student misconduct
- Develop practical coping strategies for dealing with student disciplinary situations
- Signpost the University’s policies and procedures around student misconduct
- Raise awareness of the support and resources available within the University
Delivered By: Quality Enhancement and Assurance Team