Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: All Staff and Students
Carbon Literacy is relevant climate change learning that catalyses action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The Carbon Literacy Project works to provide access to this learning to everyone who lives, works and studies and is expanding rapidly across the UK and beyond.
The Carbon Literacy Project is based on the key aim that if we are to cut our carbon emissions by the kind of reductions demanded of us by science, then we will need to change culture alongside technology.
To complete the training, you will take part in three Zoom-based workshop sessions as well as independent learning. Each cohort will finish with pledging individual and group actions for sustainability. Each of these sessions will include:
- Week 1 (self-study): Understanding the urgency of climate change
- Week 1 (Zoom workshop): Exploring our carbon footprints
- Week 2 (self-study): How climate change will impact Scotland
- Week 2 (Zoom workshop): Climate Justice and Climate Solutions
- Week 3 (self-study): How to reduce our carbon footprints
- Week 3: (Zoom workshop): Pledging actions and climate change communication
The University of Strathclyde is currently working towards BRONZE Carbon Literate Organisation accreditation and, through, completing this training you will help us move towards this goal.
This training is accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project who are working in partnership with the University of Strathclyde to develop our training resources and make them bespoke to the impacts and opportunities of climate change and solutions in Glasgow!
Delivered By: Sustainable Strathclyde