Is this course right for me?
Target Audience: Staff and Students who use liquid nitrogen and associated equipment.
The training contains information on:
- Properties of liquid nitrogen;
- Treatment of cold burns;
- Essential personal protective equipment;
- Expansion rate of liquid to gas;
- The hazards of asphyxia;
- Hazards posed by pressure;
- How to calculate oxygen depletion;
- Cryogenic vessel design and operation;
- Safe storage and handling of cryogenic vessels;
- Safe decanting of liquid nitrogen.
Delivered By: gassafetytraining.com
PrerequisitesOnce registered you will be emailed a link to access the course within two weeks. Please note this email will come separate from the 'Booking Confirmation' email. If you have not received the link within two weeks then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of this online training workshop learners will be able to:
- Appreciate the properties of cryogenic liquids;
- Describe how humans react in oxygen deficient situations;
- Recognise the potential hazards posed by an uncontrolled release of pressure;
- Identify different types of personal protective equipment and the need to comply with work procedures;
- Distinguish the difference and similarities between pressure vessels and dewars;
- Describe how a pressurised cryogenic vessel operates;
- Identify key safety procedures when decanting liquid nitrogen;
- Appreciate the consequences of using incorrect procedures and faulty equipment;
- Recognise the dangers of transporting cryogenic vessels in lifts;
- Adopt correct storage and manual handling practices.